Call for Award entries for EDGE2013 – Pushing the boundaries of public service delivery
Edinburgh 28th February – 1st March 2013
EDGE 2013 highlights and rewards good practice in innovative library and information projects which:
- Show or sell benefits of library and information services to other sectors, organisations and communities
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity
- Increase participation
The purpose of the awards is to recognise positive achievements and promote outstanding library based initiatives which celebrate the value of libraries.
We don’t want the process to be cumbersome so we are asking for some brief details which will be followed up with a phone interview.
We are looking for cutting-edge innovative projects around developments in the following categories;
There will be 3 awards for innovation (The winners for each category will receive the EDGE 2012 trophy, no financial reward) which will follow the format of the conference
1. Physical – buildings, layout, targeted spaces.
2. Virtual – Websites, apps, virtual library, digitisation
3. Social – Work involving communities or target groups, engagement or making a difference
CLOSING DATE – 31st January 2013
The awards are open to global applications – Finalists will be offered 1 free place at the 2 day conference & Gala Dinner.